Performance marketing is a new direction in marketing, which has been considered a trend for the past few years. Evaluating key metrics of the effectiveness of marketing campaigns began in the 2000s in the West.
- From our previous article, you can learn more about how performance marketing appeared, its main advantages on the market, along with classic marketing.
What can offer marketers performance on the Internet? In this article, we will talk about the current trends of 2022 in performance marketing.
Digital marketing sacramento can be divided into two main directions. The first is brand communication or image advertising, thanks to which you can create company recognition and, as a result, increase sales. The second is actual performance marketing, where the priority is the sale and profit of the company, and the increase in recognition is based on the indicated KPIs.
Importantly! It is incorrect to contrast brand marketing with performance, since the first focus is on strengthening the company’s position and increasing loyalty to it in the long term. Actions taken in this direction cannot always be immediately evaluated by quantitative metrics. Their influence most likely has a delayed effect.
Now we answer the question: what is performance marketing for business today? It is typical for companies to strive for optimization of the marketing budget. However, until now there was no reliable tool that would allow us to do this intelligently. The problem is that no one can say exactly how much of the budget should be cut. Now this new direction comes to the rescue.
Before the emergence of performance marketing, more classical methods of evaluating the effectiveness of marketing campaigns were used. It is believed that web performance marketing is guided by other approaches.
Performance marketing methods on the Internet
The main task that online performance marketing sets before itself are the achievement of measurable indicators in the short term. For this you need:
- analyze input data;
- to form real goals;
- write a strategy for their achievement;
- put digital tools into operation.
Next, we will consider each point separately to understand how the performance strategy is implemented in business in practice.
Collect and analyze information.
What we analyze:
- The situation on the market – the size of the potential target audience (CA), their need for your product/service, and real willingness to buy;
- How things are going with the competitors – we immerse ourselves even more in the market, find out what was done before us and what they are doing now. We also note the weaknesses and strengths of competitors’ marketing activities;
- The product we sell. In particular, its advantages and disadvantages, taking into account the slice of information according to the list of competitors.
If you narrow down the area of analysis to the Internet, then our favorite digital tools come to the rescue -SEO audit, CRO auditandPPC audit.
The second important component analysis of the target audience for a specific period. The analysis takes into account standard data: ROI, LTV, CAC, CPA, CPO.